Sunday, September 2, 2012

All Hail Futures Name.

With a week of college under my belt, I feel a bit better about the oncoming future. Before I was like,

"no way, man"

Because I was afraid of the work that had to come before consistency. I learned that what you get out of life is really what you put into it. And you can't just snap your fingers and be happily married traveling the world with little soccer or piano prodigy children.

I have spent so much time worrying about how I was going to get there, that I forgot or was discouraged by the now. I wanted time to fly, when, in reality, I needed to slow down, and enjoy the little things.








Dear Marina, 
Live your life. One day at a time. That's the way it's meant to be. 
Enjoy the little things. Even when the future seems daunting, stop and smell the roses. 
Be happy. Otherwise, you'll be sad. And that's no fun. 
So bring on the future. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Find the best in every day, don't lose an eternal perspective, don't be myopic, or a pessimist. 
Enjoy. Live. Create. Learn. Love.
Sinseriously, 
Marina

2 comments:

  1. Life moves faster and faster and faster the older you get and the more people you share your life with ( ie. fabulous husband and prodigy children). So enjoy life and have as many adventures that you want to have right now. Because you will have the rest of your life to share it with others, but you only have this short, amazing, wonderful time to be just YOU. And the more YOU you are, the more you bring to all the relationships you will have in the future.
    Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. when you write your memoirs one day, you're also going to need some crazy stories about your awesome and wild youthful days ;)

    ReplyDelete